Are you up for a challenge? We are looking for an enthusiastic, IT literate, motivated individual to work as a Housing Scheme Officer within our Housing Scheme & Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity, working in a specialist intensive housing management team which is responsible for delivering a comprehensive customer centred enhanced housing management support service through its day to day management of Dartford Borough Council’s sheltered properties for older people. Please note that this is a remote worker role, based in and around Dartford’s sheltered housing schemes, and so efficient use of your time is essential to successfully achieve the many and varied tasks you will be responsible for throughout the day.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, as is an in-depth understanding of safeguarding issues, but full training will be provided to the successful applicant. Other key duties include signposting tenants to support services and helping tenants to maintain their independence. Managing low level anti-social behaviour from a variety of sources (not just the occupants of the building) is also an essential part of this role, as well as undertaking property management inspections and assisting with rent arrears recovery. You must be a good communicator who is able to plan and deliver your own agreed work programme, whilst working with and supporting your team colleagues.
You must be able to evidence the following skills and experience:
• Efficient administration and exceptional organisation;
• Excellent communication, both written and orally;
• Health & safety management within a communal living setting;
• An understanding of Data Protection (GDPR) in a confidential working environment;
• Confidence, enthusiasm, empathy and a flexible approach;
• IT literacy, including Microsoft and Housing Management systems;
• Participation in the out of hours Emergency Standby Call Out Duty Rota (mandatory).
Interviews will take place w/c 22 or 29 August 2022