The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead HR Service is about to embark on an exciting period of change. Here in HR, we are about to begin enhancing our existing HR Information System (HRIS) alongside undertaking a strategic review of our current provision. It is our mission to bring about real improvement to our employee and customer journeys, whilst also supporting managers and the wider organisation in delivery of its goals and values. We are looking to fill several roles to support us during this period of development. We want individuals who are motivated to provide great customer service, have a passion for doing things the most efficient way possible and have the desire to be part of a fantastic team of individuals working towards a shared goal.
Do you have experience of working in payroll? Are you motivated by deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment? If so, this could be the role for you.
Our Payroll team are dedicated to offering great customer service and take great pride in ensuring that everyone is paid correctly and on time each month. Our Payroll Assistants work across a broad range of activities such as:
- Checking instructions from customers to ensure they are accurate and compliant, entering starters, leavers, changes into the HR system (iTrent)
- Acting as the lead point of contact for payroll to a designated group of customers, taking responsibility for processing payrolls and ensuring sign off
- Dealing with queries from customers and their employees
- Working to provide data to our numerous pension providers monthly or as and when required
The right candidate will:
- Have a questioning approach with a strong ability to problem solve
- Be a quick efficient learner who thrives in a high-volume environment
- Have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate both written and verbally, information which at times can complex of others to understand
- Previous exposure to local government and/or payroll would be highly desirableExposure to iTrent HR/payroll systems and HR data would be a definite advantage, however training will be provided for the right candidate.
The post is 37 hours per week, over 5 days, with some flexibility required during busy periods. This post is initially a 1-year fixed term contract with the possibility of an extension.
If you wish to discuss this position informally, please contact Catherine McDaid on 01628 796339 or Ildi Laszlo on 01628 685763.
If you are interested in this position please apply as soon as possible as we are interviewing candidates as they apply, once we have successfully appointed to position the advert will removed.