Required September 2022:
HLTA Key Stages 1 and 2, based in Thatcham, Berkshire
• 30 hours Permanent
• Grade F (11 – 19) depending on qualifications and experience / actual salary £15,140 - £17,740
• Term time only 44 weeks
• Do you want to make a real difference?
• Do you want a good work-life balance?
• Do you want to build relationships with the young people you support?
We are looking for someone who:
• is prepared to complete or have an HLTA qualification;
• has experience of young people in an educational setting;
• has experience of SEMH/behaviour challenges;
• is able to confidently communicate with parents, carers and other agencies attached to the young people;
• has a deeply held conviction that every child can achieve and reach their potential;
• is able to be adaptable in a changing environment;
• is a strong team player;
• is confident in working in a dynamic, changing environment;
If you are successful, you will:
• join a strong team of skilled, supportive and passionate professionals
• become part of the solution
• receive specific training to meet your needs
• work with defined learners
• be supported by enthusiastic and experienced SLT, Teachers and TAs
iCollege Alternative Education is a vibrant provision for learners aged 5-19 who are unable to access mainstream education. Barriers to learning may include social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, attendance issues or be at risk of exclusion. We operate over six sites across West Berkshire working collaboratively with all stakeholders to deliver a broad, holistic and relevant curriculum, which meets the needs of all learners, helping them to become the best that they can be. Many timetables are bespoke and meet the individual need of the learner. In addition to full time placements for learners, we also offer off-site, reactive provision to improve mainstream engagement for key stages 1-4 and on-site, short-term, proactive packages to support mainstream engagement.
The School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Closing date: Friday 16th September 2022 5.00pm
For further information or an application pack please