Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2022
Hill Park is a special school for pupils aged 4 - 16 years with moderate (MLD), severe (SLD) or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Some pupils also have a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition (ASC), complex medical needs or physical disabilities, attachment disorders and emotional needs.
We are a warm, friendly and welcoming school with a supportive and caring staff, who work closely as a team. To support staff living in the City we are members of the Rental Deposit Loan Scheme run by Brighton & Hove City Council and further details of this are available upon request.
About the role
We require an experienced administrator to provide a PA service to the Head Teacher and general office administration.
Candidates should be able to provide evidence of:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of a range of ICT packages, including Microsoft Office and Office365 email system;
- Knowledge of SIMS (School Information Management System) and previous experience of working within a school office would be advantageous;
- Good organisational and time management skills and able to use their own initiative;
- Flexible, adaptable and understand what makes a good team;
- Having a positive attitude to pupils with special needs including challenging behaviour;
- Confidence to remind staff and parents of deadlines and handle sensitive situations tactfully and confidentially.
We take safeguarding and child protection seriously and all posts at Hill Park are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 12th August
Interview date: Monday 15th August
Please return the completed application form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: 01273 422855
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.