Directorate Adult Care and Health Services
Permanent, Full time
Compass Recovery College offers free mental health and wellbeing workshops for anyone over the age of 18 in Reading, reaching a range of participants, their relatives, supporters and carers, voluntary sector staff and others as appropriate. Compass helps participants develop knowledge and skills for coping and self-management through a range of workshops which are an educational route to recovery. All workshops are co-produced with people who have lived experienced mental health challenges. Our aim is for everyone to feel listened to in a safe space, with the opportunity to connect with others. Participants do not need a referral from a clinician or service to enrol.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to support people with their mental health and wellbeing, to work with vulnerable communities and to engage people before they reach crisis point. Our workshops are varied to suit participant interests; from Understanding Stress and Anxiety, to Yoga, to Visual art, to a Walking group. This role has scope to develop and create workshops based on the post holder’s interests and expertise.
- To work with local communities, mental health professionals and people with lived experience to co-produce and co-deliver a range of recovery focussed workshops which will support Reading’s residents’ mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide formalised support and practical assistance to participants in order for them to regain control over their lives and their own unique recovery process.
- Act as an ambassador for recovery for the Public Health and Wellbeing team, the Recovery College, and RBC with external partner organisations.
- Be involved in the ongoing development of the Recovery College.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Lara Stavrinou on 07870486005 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 8 August 2022
Interview date: 16 August 2022