This is an exciting time to join Barnsley Children and Family Social Care Service who are seeking to recruit an Advance Practitioner to join our Children and Yong people’s Teams.
This role will involve 50% case holding and will include a specific focus on staff support and development.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed professional Social Worker who has significant experience in care proceedings to join our stable workforce. We have high aspirations to achieve the very best outcomes for vulnerable children and young people residing in the borough. As an Advanced Practitioner you will play a significant role in supporting our Social Workers to develop excellent assessment and analytical skills; apply evidence-based interventions and direct work and develop the confidence and skills to make timely decisions and plans for children that will achieve positive and sustainable outcomes for their future. You will work closely with our Quality Assurance team in supporting Social Workers to engage with learning and practice development, to improve the outcomes for the children, young people, and families that we work with.
The post sits in the Children and Young People’s Team 2.
Why it’s great to work in Barnsley:
We are an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ authority, with high aspirations for our children and young people. At Barnsley, we have a stable, permanent workforce and are committed to the support and development of our social workers. You will receive regular supervision, appraisal, training and development opportunities, all aimed at promoting outcomes for children and supporting your career development and progression.
We also offer:
- A highly competitive social work salary up to £41,881 for experienced practitioners and we also offer a welcome payment for new employees
- High quality regular supervision and support and a nurturing management team that encourages learning and development
- Flexible working
- A commitment to continuous professional development with a strong training and development offer for staff at all levels
- An ASYE programme designed to support newly qualified practitioners to have additional support through their first year in practice
- Relocation package
- Good IT support and equipment
- A commitment to health and wellbeing and access to dedicated assistance programme
- Just 4 You Benefits https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/jobs/just4you/
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.