Salary: £21,269 to £22,571
Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours)
Interview Date: This role will be shortlisted on a weekly basis, when applying your interview should commence the following week.
Closing Date: 24/08/222
We're looking for 2 permanent coordinators to deliver and provide high-quality, fast-paced administrative support to our Business Support service for Children, Young People and Learning. You will work alongside and support colleagues within the social care teams managing complex and demanding workloads to ensure that all children, young people and families we work with receive a high-quality service.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships to negotiate and influence across the organisation
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk and recommend appropriate course of action
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, complicated or sensitive information to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes
- Highly accurate IT and keyboard skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be adept and proactive at picking up new technologies quickly
- Good time management to manage short deadlines and conflicting priority
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE English and Maths, or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level
- Recognised qualification in office skills or administration, or a business-related subject at level 2 or 3 of the national qualifications framework, or have acquired equivalent experience within the workplace
- Experience of providing business support, advice and/or guidance to others
- Experience of forming effective working relationships
- Experience of administrative tasks and processes
- Experience of inputting data and using databases
- Experience of working in a fast paced, innovative work environment, whilst remaining calm
- Experience of applying relevant legislation, policies and/or procedures to individual pieces of work
- Good, up-to-date working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. West Sussex
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03900
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 3 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.