The position is permanent to commence Monday 8th October (or as soon as possible after this date)
Hours of work will be 11.45am – 1.15pm Monday – Thursday; 11.45am-1.45pm Friday (8 hours)
The Governors at Sitwell Infant School are seeking to appoint a Playground Manager to work 8 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only. The successful applicant will join our team of caring and enthusiastic Lunchtime Leaders and will organise and lead our playground activities for one and a half hours each day. Extra time is given on a Friday to ensure resources are replenished and reorganised, ready for the following week.
Sitwell Infant School is a large and successful infant school with an inclusive and child centred ethos. We were judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted in June 2014 and we have continued to be relentless in our pursuit for every child to reach their full potential. We are passionate about providing children with enjoyable experiences throughout the school day, particularly during lunchtime.
We can offer you:
- Well-motivated and well behaved children who enjoy lunchtimes
- An attractive and well-resourced indoor and outdoor environment
- An enthusiastic, committed and supportive team of colleagues
- Positive relationships within and outside school
- Opportunities to develop your skills through Continued Professional Development
The successful candidates will:
- Enjoy leading a team of committed Lunchtime Leaders with support from senior leaders, Deputy Headteacher and Headteacher
- Be prepared to plan and lead outstanding learning experiences during our well-structured lunchtime provision
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be organised, patient, reliable and flexible
- Be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity for all
- Be able to maintain confidentiality on all school matters
We would love to meet caring, hardworking people who want to make a difference to our children's learning and well-being. Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and these will take place between Tuesday 4th September and Monday 17th September. Please contact Debra Darkin, School Business Manager, on (01709) 531855 to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: Noon, Tuesday 18th September 2018
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19th September 2018
Interviews: Monday 24th September 2018
Completed applications should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the school for the attention of Mrs K. Peart, Sitwell Infant School, Grange Road, Rotherham, S60 3LA.