“Working to prevent youth offending and to enhance community safety”
North Somerset Youth Offending Service is a successful partnership between North Somerset Council, Police, Probation, Clinical Commissioning Group, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and other agencies. It works with those young people subject to statutory youth justice interventions (including youth conditional cautions, community orders and custodial sentences) and young people at risk of offending on an early intervention basis; and provides services to carers, families and victims.
This is a permanent post based in Weston-super-Mare but services are provided across North Somerset. Some evening / weekend work will be required.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Case manage and deliver court ordered interventions, out of court disposals and early interventions to young people and their families
- Prepare reports for Court and Panels and undertake Court duties and restorative justice work which includes addressing the needs of victims
- Develop intervention plans based on assessment of risk and need
You will need:
- A recognised Social Work qualification
- Knowledge and experience relevant to work with young people who offend
- Skills to assess and address attitudes, behaviour and criminogenic need
- ASYEs will be considered
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
If you want to have an informal discussion about this post please contact James Hopkins or Howard Wilson on 01275 888 360.Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.