Job Title: Assistant Highways Officer
Salary Range: £19,819 pa progressing to £23,866 pa
Hours: 37 per week
The Highways Development Management Team is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join this busy team as an Assistant Officer. Reporting to the Group Manager, the role is to support the Section 106 Monitoring Officer and other members of the Highways Development Management Team. You will be expected to update technical databases to manage the team’s workload and track performance. The post will also involve responding to queries from our customers. You will possess excellent attention to detail, be a good facilitator with the ability to work with different teams to deliver results. this way the successful candidate can demonstrate and develop the skills required to progress within HCC’s Whole Client Service (WCS).
- Developing, monitoring and update DEF MasterGov/PROMS databases;
- Assist with Section 106 agreements, budgetary & financial control;
- Raise orders, invoices & receipts;
- Upload documents and allocate;
- Utilise Calendars and Site Visit Register to meet team needs;
- Respond to complaints;
- Track response times to planning application consultations;
- Adopt a ‘one team’ approach to working across WCS/Ringway to ensure a successful and professional service is delivered to Local Planning Authorities, developers and our other customers;
- Undertake research, assess the impact of changes, make recommendations, and compile reports/briefings.
Skills & Experience
- 4 GCSE or ‘O’ Level grades A-C, including Maths & English;
- Ability to prioritise own workload;
- Document management
- Ability to build & maintain effective working relationships with people;
- Proficient with MS applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Lync
- Ability to arrange meetings and take notes;
- Good written & verbal communication; problem solving & analytical; organisational & time management skills;
- Hands-on administrative support experience.
For an informal discussion please contact Mark Youngman on 01992 588024.
Closing date: 16th September 2018
Interview dates: week commencing 1st October & 15th October 2018