- • Do you have strong grasp of information governance with experience in a similar role?
- • Are you passionate about the importance of information governance and can you explain technical concepts in non-technical language?
- • Are you keen to learn how to maintain information governance frameworks and support publication schemes and open data?
- • Do you have a solid awareness of the law and practice relating to the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and General Data Protection Regulation?
- • Are you committed to using data for good, and are you aware of the importance and significance of ethics in relation to information governance?
- • Do you enjoy working in the open and sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Information Governance Analyst role could be perfect for you. Join us and help us make the most of our information assets whilst ensuring legal compliance.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
About the role
Data offers exciting possibilities for progress and innovation – but it must be used responsibly. Our Information Governance team helps the organisation to get the most out of our information assets whilst ensuring legal compliance.
In this role, you’ll ensure that data and information is managed appropriately and effectively throughout its lifecycle. We’ll look to you to support an information governance framework that will help us comply with laws and regulations relating to the accessing, handling, classification, retention, sharing and disposal of information.
You’ll also support the coordination of a network of information asset owners, with representatives from across the council, helping them to understand their responsibilities and providing specialist support and advice. As one of our resident IG experts, you’ll help communicate and enforce relevant policies, support information governance training, and maintain records and reports.
Note that post is offered on a fixed term contract for 6-12 months, with the potential to be extended.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the position and what we’re looking for from candidates.
Please note that the role profile is currently under review and therefore subject to minor alterations.
How to apply
Please outline what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- • A competitive salary of £35,496 - £44,628.
- • A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays and Christmas closure days.
- • Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- • Season ticket loan.
- • Staff wellbeing services.
- • ...and much more...
More about the benefits of working for the council can be found here: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.