- • Are you an expert at managing projects and programmes and can you evidence a strong and varied history of delivering digital, technical, and business change programmes to time, budget and quality?
- • Are you an accomplished and inspirational leader with proven experience both in leading and developing teams, and in influencing organisations to embrace digital opportunities?
- • Are you adept at building relationships at every level within organisations and working collaboratively and creatively to address issues and manage delivery-related risk?
- • Do you have confidence in managing conflicting and changing priorities in a complex environment and can you mobilise and guide cross-departmental teams to adapt as needed?
- • Are you excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Programme Lead role could be perfect for you. Join us at the heart of our transformation and help us make sure our ambitious targets are achieved.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
About the role
You’ll join us at the very heart of our transformation and will have the opportunity to lead key programmes and projects delivering cutting edge customer-facing services, smart city technologies, new business applications or upgrading our infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to make amazing services a reality, with the help of a talented team.
You’ll lead your team to deliver digital and IT programmes and projects from inception to roll-out, keeping them aligned to our strategic outcomes. You’ll work with your project delivery managers to ensure each project has a solid business case, that budgets are identified and tracked, controls are maintained, and governance is followed. You will collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the organisation, ensuring our programmes and projects are delivered in partnership, leading transformational change across the borough, promoting new ways of working and reporting progress at key governance meetings.
Note that post is offered on a fixed term contract for 12 months, with the potential to be extended.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please outline what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- • A competitive salary of £50,700 - £53,793.
- • A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays.
- • Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- • Season ticket loan.
• Staff wellbeing services.
• ...and much more...
More about the benefits of working for the council can be found here: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.