- • Do you have proven experience as a service designer, and do you have a firm grasp of service design and user research?
- • Are you experienced in supporting new ways of working that reduce costs and delivering better services for users whilst transforming organisations?
- • Do you have experience of working with colleagues and stakeholders designing services and are you comfortable working on all levels of a service, from high-level flows and journeys to the detail of individual parts?
- • Do you enjoy working with data and qualitative insight to design solutions and strategic propositions?
- • Are you skilled at stakeholder management and excellent at building strong relationships?
- • Do you enjoy working in the open and sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Service Designer role could be perfect for you. Join us and help ensure that our communities’ interactions with us are frictionless and efficient, and truly centred around their needs.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
About the role
You will seize the opportunity to reimagine what council services could look like and shape the user journeys of the future. Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you’ll build a comprehensive picture of residents’ needs and make design decisions with empathy and insight. You'll help the wider team and organisation develop a deep understanding of the people that use our services and the people who deliver them.
Meanwhile, you’ll be looking for ways to reduce costs, optimise existing systems, bring improvements to services and embrace innovative technology which has the potential to transform ways of working and, ultimately, make people’s lives better.
Note that post is offered on a fixed term contract for 18 months, with the potential to be extended.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the position and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please outline what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- • A competitive salary of £41,586 - £49,674.
- • A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays and Christmas closure days.
- • Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- • Season ticket loan.
- • Staff wellbeing services.
- • ...and much more...
More about the benefits of working for the council can be found here: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.