Pay Band K / SCP – 29-31
£33,486 - £35,336 per annum, pro rata
[Actual Salary: £29,622 - £31,259 per annum]
Monday – Friday / 36 hours per week / 46 weeks per year
To commence on as soon as possible on a permanent contract
The Governors of St Aidan’s are looking to appoint as soon as possible, a highly motivated School Business Manager with strong organisational skills to join the school’s busy office.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the relevant experience in managing finance, project management, marketing and developing people to take on this important role. This is a varied role with a broad range of responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is naturally positive, committed to our vision and passionate to support the future growth of our Catholic school. If you think you have what it takes to join our friendly and professional team we would love to hear from you.
• A happy and caring school family, where our children and staff are valued and encouraged to flourish
• A strong Christian vision embedded in caring relationships throughout our school
• A wonderful team of welcoming and dedicated staff where people are valued and well-being is important.
• An outward looking, aspirational and dedicated governing body
We would like our School Business Manager to:
• Have a very positive ‘can do’ approach to all aspects of work
• Have outstanding communication skills both in person and in all aspects of telephone, written and electronic communication
• Be highly organised with relevant experience and passion for financial management, project management, grant applications and marketing
• Have a genuine interest in all aspects of human resource management to support the efficiency of our staff team
• Actively promote our school through effective use of social media and other communication tools
• Be proactive in all areas of school business to enable our Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher to concentrate their time on teaching and learning
• Model our caring Christian vision and build exceptional relationships throughout our school
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, can use a wide range of technology, and have good ICT skills and experience of using Microsoft Office.
As part of the interview process shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete some tasks on the day of the interview.
St Aidan’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and adheres to the Equality Act 2010. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Candidates must also comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act; proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Applications must be made on the CES application form which can be found at www.cesew.org.uk, along with the Recruitment Monitoring Form and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Disclosure form. Completed applications and supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Headteacher.
Visits to school are recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact our School Office on 0151 477 8370 for more information.
Closing date: Friday, 23 September 2022 at 12 Noon
Shortlisting date: Tuesday, 27 September 2022
Interview date: Tuesday, 4 October 2022