Halton Borough Council has an excellent reputation of employing quality vehicle engineers.
We are looking for a fully skilled LGV Engineer that will provide additional skills and added quality to our present team of skilled workers.
- Full training will be provided to achieve Nominated Tester status.
- Enthusiastic attitude is required to continue their engineering development..
- The main duties will include:
- Compliance with the Authorities Operator Licence by providing quality maintenance and repair of the Councils fleet of Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- The repair and maintenance of all other Vehicle and Plant operated by the Authority.
- Hackney Carriage and Private vehicle Taxi Testing.
- Class IV, V and VII MOT testing.
- Repair and Maintenance of private cars and light commercial vehicles
- To work in safe and efficient manner at all times.
The successful applicant will be based at:Halton Borough Council Depot ,Lower House Lane,Widnes,
First class mechanical engineering skills with a proven history of the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles; Light Commercial Vehicles and Cars.
- Good standard of education and a commitment to continual development.
- Reliable and punctual.
- A flair for mechanics and engineering.
- A willingness to pass skills on and learn new skills.
- A polite and pleasant manner.
- Good work mind-set/hardworking.
- Good communication skills.
“You will enjoy working here in Halton, we look forward to hearing from you”
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Chris Cullen on 0151 511 7937.
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 22nd August.