Employer: Bollington St John's CE Primary School
Grade 6 SCP 12 Salary: £22,183 pro-rata per annum
Contract: Temporary, 24 hours per week, term time only until 31st August 2023
DBS Check: Enhanced (with barred list check)
Closing date for applications: noon on 31st August 2022
The staff and Governors of Bollington St John's Primary School are looking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic bursar to join our professional, hardworking and dedicated team from September 2022. This post will be temporary in the first instance with a view to becoming permanent.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who shares our vision and commitment to ensuring the very best for every child in our care. We are looking for someone with a sense of humour who is self-motivated, organised and flexible and able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
The successful candidate needs to be an articulate and influential communicator, have proven management skills, possess excellent numeracy and literacy skills and have a passion for developing the best opportunities for children.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the school budget and school fund bank account
- Managing the cashless payment system
- Preparing for budget meetings and providing financial reports
- Processing orders and invoices in line with established financial procedures
- Work closely with the Site Manager to ensure cost effective and efficient delivery of all site maintenance and cyclical services
- Work alongside the School Administrator and provide front of house duties to parents and visitors
- All aspects of HR management: including adherence to robust recruitment procedures and processing of staff absence and overtime/expense claims
- Maintenance of the Single Central Record and staff course management files
Please use the Diocese application form provided and complete as fully as possible. (CVs will not be considered). In addition, as part of our robust recruitment process and adherence to best practices in safer recruitment, we request that applicants provide their full employment history, (since leaving school, including education, employment and voluntary work) including reasons for any gaps in employment. Please email your completed application form, along with your covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is noon on the 31st August 2022. Interviews will be carried out on during the first week of the Autumn Term.
Bollington St John's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The offer of employment is subject to the undertaking of pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in the UK, DBS (Enhanced with barred list check) and a Declaration of not being disqualified under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
How to Apply
Please use the Diocese application form provided and complete as fully as possible. (CV’s will not be considered).