Rehousing Officer Post: 02.020
Full time permanent post
Salary: £28,661 - £34,605 per annum
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role? If the answer is “yes” then we’d love hear from you.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside which includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
What’s in it for you ?
With some 900 employees, we are a diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times where the business allows. We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £28,661 – £34,605 per annum and an annual leave entitlement of 24 days plus bank holidays.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Following the advertising of social housing you will allocate this in line with our allocation scheme
- Arrange accompanied viewings at empty properties with prospective tenants
- Liaise with our technical officers regarding work required in the empty properties
- Ensure the gas and electricity supply is available in the empty properties
- Arrange and monitor assessments of housing applicants.
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Logical, conscientious and attention to detail when assessing successful bids
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Remain calm when things don’t go to plan.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Deborah Deare, Rehousing and Information Manager on 01483 444268.
Closing date: Wednesday 12 September 2018
Interview date: Friday 21 September 2018