An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Delivery and Strategy Directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA).
The CPCA is a young organisation, with a potential to make a huge difference to the communities throughout Cambridgeshire. The Authority is committed to delivering a portfolio of projects aimed at securing major developments and improvements for our residents across key areas including:
- Climate Change - meeting net zero carbon targets and reducing climate change risks
- Business and Skills - ensuring that adult learning matches future demand in the community, business, and the economy
- Transport – improving public transport, Highways and Rail
- Housing - building affordable homes.
To provide climate policy expertise to the Authority and to the Climate Working Group.
Provide support to the Strategic Planning Manager in developing and coordinating the Combined Authority’s response to climate change issues. To assist in the development of the multi-agency Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Climate Action Plan.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To support the Strategic Planning Manager in the development and effective implementation of a corporate climate action plan for the Combined Authority, working across directorates
- To lead the design and implementation of proportionate climate change assessments for Combined Authority policies and future projects
- To provide policy support to the Climate Working Group, and where relevant to lead as the Combined Authority’s representative on thematic sub-groups developing the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Climate Action Plan
- Build effective working relationships with strategic partners to support the development of a pipeline of high-quality projects to achieve the aims, objectives and targets relating to climate change
- To lead on project delivery of climate programme
- To support the evidence-based work of the Independent Commission on Climate
- Provide a source of climate expertise for the Authority, keeping up to date with emerging climate policy and action
- To explain, champion, and embed the climate change response as a core part of the Authority’s work
- Present papers to Committees, the Combined Authority Board, and partner Councils meetings
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree level or equivalent standard of general education
- Strong technical knowledge of climate change issues, with 3+ years’ experience in a suitable role
- Experience of strategy development and implementation in the field of climate policy
- Track record of developing new projects and implementing project management
- Understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of business objectives
- Excellent partner and stakeholder management skills
- Desirable to demonstrate partnership working across Government, Public and/or Private sectors
- Desirable to have experience of bidding process for funding sources
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please email email@example.com
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org