Salary: £25,927 - £30,095
Job Reference: mkc/TP/240/423
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 37
Closing Date: 17 July, 2022
Location: Civic Offices, United Kingdom
Posted on: 22 June, 2022
The Home Ownership Team provide a Home Ownership & Leasehold Management service to the Council's 3000 leaseholders and shared owners. We are now looking for a Home Ownership Officer to join the team to carry out the following; calculation, billing and collection of service charges, administering Right to Buy sales, Section 20 consultations and responding to solicitor enquiries.
This is a home based role with a requirement to attend the office once a week.
- Recovery of service charges, rent and major works charges.
- Covering all aspects of leasehold and shared ownership management, including enforcement of lease conditions, assisting owners who wish to sell or buy more shares in their lease, providing information to solicitors in the resale process.
- Deal with enquiries and disputes from leaseholders, shared owners and officers regarding service charges, responsibilities, and obligations.
- Processing right to buy applications including verification of application, calculation of discounts, minimising risk of fraudulent applications and ensuring compliance with all legislation and regulation.
- Assisting with the calculation and inputting of actual & estimated service charges ready for the annual billing cycle.
The Ideal Candidate
- A collaborative team player.
- A fantastic communicator who can communicate effectively with our residents.
- Show commitment to continuous learning and development and will add real value by always improving the service offer, going above and beyond what is expected.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills and be able to work well in a team as well as being confident to use their own initiative. You will be able to use digital ways of working to their best advantage and have excellent IT skills and understanding. Home working is a feature of this role.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Delivering excellent customer service including an ability to deal with difficult customers well.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.