Hours of work: Full-Time
Working pattern: Full Time
Fixed term for: 12 months
Closing date: Monday 4th July 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
MAYFIELD CE PRIMARY SCHOOL, FLETCHING STREET, TN20 6TA
Phone: 01435 873185
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
This position is for a fixed term class teacher who has experience of working in both KS1 and KS2.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
- is able to effectively establish a well organised and stimulating classroom environment where children can thrive
- is able to provide high quality provision in order to ensure good progress and outcomes for all pupils
- is confident in delivering high quality lessons
- is willing to be flexible and is able to quickly adopt school policy and procedures
- is willing to support the nurturing, Christian ethos of the school
- is able to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with children, parents and staff
-is committed to supporting the staff team in whole school development
-is able to lead a curriculum subject in the school and as part of a Federation team
Mayfield CE Primary can offer you:
- Friendly and supportive colleagues to work with as part of a creative team
- Children who are well behaved, inquisitive and keen to learn
- Supportive parents
- A commitment to continuing professional development for all staff
- A stimulating, well resourced learning environment
- The opportunity to work in a vibrant school and village community
- A school situated in a beautiful area that enhances our children's learning
The Weald Federation was formed in September 2019 with the amalgamation of Saxonbury (Frant & Mark Cross) and Aspire (Mayfield & Five Ashes) Federations. The schools are working together to enhance both the academic and pastoral opportunities for the pupils. The larger Federation also offers staff a wide variety of CPD and career progression opportunities
If you feel that Mayfield CE Primary is a school where you would be happy to work, please contact us to request an application pack. We look forward very much to receiving your application.
Closing date for applications: 04/07/2022
Interviews week beginning: 06/07/2022
Application form and job description are available via the school office
School office email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.