Do people, passion and progress motivate you? Do you already have previous experience working in Democratic Services?
If so…….. Make Mole Valley Your Next Move
Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
We operate a dynamic lively and professional environment and are a very approachable team.
About our team
We cover a variety of different functions within our team: we support elected Members and the Council’s decision making processes, we run all types of elections and referenda and we provide the Council’s electoral registration services. We also run the council’s corporate print and postal services as well overseeing Mole Valley’s emergency planning and business continuity functions. There will never be a dull moment working in our team and being flexible and supporting each other is vital to our successful way of working. We are an energetic and dynamic team, sitting at the heart of the organisation and we all enjoy supporting our elected Councillors, local communities and colleagues.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced officer and the role requires particular commitment to deadlines and attention to detail. You will be required to manage the work of Committee Services team, taking responsibility for coordinating the effective delivery of Mole Valley District Council’s democratic decision-making, including scrutiny. You will be responsible for ensuring the Constitution is kept up to date and in line with relevant changes to legislation.
The position also requires management of the Council’s Emergency Planning and Business Continuity functions, ensuring Mole Valley District Council is well placed to deal with emergency situations and ensure continuity in the Council’s service delivery to our residents.
We are looking for someone who is confident, has a flexible approach to work demands and has excellent management, communication and organisational skills. You will be a team player, willing to consider innovative ideas that will help drive our service forward.
Educated to degree standard, you will have an excellent working knowledge of Local Government and some understanding of the UK’s Electoral system.
Previous experience in Democratic Services is essential and awareness of Emergency Planning and Business Continuity functions would be an advantage.
If you enjoy variety, where no two days are the same and motivating a small team to ensure we get the job done in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, then this role is for you.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
- 22 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
- Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
- Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension schemeRemote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
- Wellbeing package including:
- Free parking
- Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
- Wellbeing package including:
- Cycle scheme
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Yearly flu jab
- Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the caf
- Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
- Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Arabella Davies on 01306 879137. Alternatively you can contact HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: Friday 14th September 2018 (midday)
Interview date: Wednesday 26th September 2018