Construction Project Manager
Permanent, full-time position
£48,801 to £62,421
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join the Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management (CMFM) department within the Place Directorate of Enfield Council; a directorate with wide ranging responsibilities for a £1bn+ portfolio of assets, including commercial, industrial, retail, office, cultural and leisure, plus significant future development and regeneration opportunities.
The two newly created Construction Project Manager posts will strengthen the existing team to deliver an ambitious capital programme exceeding £200m. Each post will define, develop and deliver a mix of capital construction and maintenance projects ranging from typically £200k to £10m with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver business-critical Place programmes including Corporate, Education and Community building developments.
To succeed in this role, you will have significant experience of managing complex construction projects, have broad knowledge of health and safety law including the CDM Regs, and have experience of public contracts procurement. It is an essential requirement that you are a chartered member of CIOB, RICS or APM.
If this opportunity excites you, and you are ready to embrace change and challenge, we are very keen to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification criteria 1,2,3,4,6 and 11. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 on Monday 4th July 2022
To apply, please click on the link below.
For more information and a discussion about the post please contact Lesley Currie, Construction Programmes Manager on 020 8132 2389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andrea Walkerdine on 020 8132 1022 or email@example.com