Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC) we have a new part time opportunity for a Planning Coordinator in our Special Educational Needs Assessment Team (SENAT). This team manages the decisions and processes concerned with statutory education health and care needs assessment process for learners with an education, health and care plan (EHCP), the placement of children in learning settings and the allocation of resources to settings.
Salary: £23,484 to £25,927 per annum (£11,742 - £12,963 per annum)
Working Pattern: Part time (18.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: 7 July 2022
Interviews: 14 & 15 July 2022
As Planning Co-ordinator within the SEN Assessment team you will be involved with working closely with children and young people with complex SEN and their families, early years providers, schools, colleges and external agencies providing advice and guidance. Your principal responsibility will be to ensure that statutory processes and timescales are followed and that good quality consideration, assessment and review of the needs of learners with SEN and Disability can take place in line with the principles described in the SEN Code of Practice. You'll be the main point of contact in relation to a caseload of children, young people and young adults with SEN and Disability.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
You will have excellent communicator and have active listening skills and will be able to work creatively and sensitively to individual needs. You should also be able to analyse and use sound judgement to interpret and action complex situations. In addition you should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent active listening skills in order to build rapport and a good understanding of customer requirements.
- Ability to work creatively and sensitively with young people and their families in a problem-solving and task orientated way.
- Analytical and judgemental skills in order to interpret complex information to make decisions on suitable plans and courses of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written format to liaise with customers and partner organisations to encourage participation and engagement in identified courses of action and using negotiating techniques to achieve effective results.
- Ability to convene, co-ordinate and facilitate groups.
- Assessment skills in order to evaluate and review plans and performance of delivery.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other professionals and work both as a member of a team and independently within structured guidelines and policies.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification with demonstrable experience of working within a SEN related area.
- Experience of report writing and maintaining accurate records.
- Experience of working with different stakeholders to achieve required results.
- An understanding of families and individuals in relation to disability and special educational needs.
- Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of SEN assessment practices and implementation.
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with working with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- General knowledge of IT such as Word and Excel (or equivalent packages) (e.g. use of database systems to record information).
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do. For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, you can find this at our Rewards and Benefits page.
HOW TO APPLY
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03778 .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.