About The Job
Salary: £37,568 to £40,578 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: East Surrey Hospital, Redhill
Interview Date: TBC
Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives. To enable us to continue to provide care and support to some of our most vulnerable residents, we're looking for a resilient and highly motivated Senior Social Worker!
In this exciting opportunity, you will work as part of a strong and dynamic social work service. You will be provided the opportunity to undertake strengths-based assessments in complex situations applying relevant legislation utilising advanced social work skills and knowledge to develop and implement a plan of support, aimed at improving wellbeing and delivering outcomes for people as well as contributing to and developing skills in safeguarding.
Can you manage a complex caseload collaborating with a range of people and support less experienced colleagues to apply their learning? If so, look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be Senior Social Worker here at East Surrey Hospital?
Experience and Skills
- Experience of working proactively as a member of the team to make an accurate strengths-based assessment of needs in complex situations and negotiate and implement effective plans and outcomes (in line with relevant legislation).
- Demonstrable evidence of leadership skills when working in partnership with people, carers, colleagues and a variety of external agencies in complex situations to meet people's outcomes.
- Experience of managing situations with complex and competing risks, utilising a risk enablement approach and using evidence-based practice.
- Experience of analysis and interpretation of complex people related information and data to prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Experience of leading on safeguarding enquiries.
- Ability to provide supervision and develop the capabilities of less experienced social care practitioners including contributing to performance management. Mentor and coach students and apprentices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide clear advice and guidance and interventions.
- Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice, and supervision, and to prioritise and organise work and meet agreed performance expectations.
- Sound and accurate IT skills to ensure effective record keeping, compliant with data protection and respecting confidentiality.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- A Degree in Social Work or a recognised equivalent Social Work qualification
g., Diploma in Social Work.
- Registered with Social Work England
- Experience of undertaking assessments in complex situations and social work intervention planning, implementation, and review by means of creative and pragmatic solutions.
- Extensive experience of working in partnership with those who access the service and maintaining a focus on the needs and strengths of the people, and the outcomes they want to achieve, whilst handling conflict and disagreement.
- Experience of managing risk within a risk enablement approach
- Excellent, up-to-date working knowledge of relevant legislation e.g., Care Act (2014), Mental Capacity Act (2005) etc.
- Valid, full driving licence. Desirable
Rewards and Benefits.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more).
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.