Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service - an organisation with a purpose. Built on values and driven by our people.
Do something great! Join #teambedsfire - a career at Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service could be the most rewarding career move you'll ever make.
About the role
As the Corporate Accountant, you will provide financial expertise and assurance to support the Chief Accountant in the effective management control of the Authority’s medium-term financial strategy, corporate revenue budget, capital programme and annual closure of accounts process.
You will be someone who enjoys working towards shared values, someone who likes that every day is different and has a talent for, financial accounting. You will be a natural problem solver, with excellent excel skills, and a desire to constantly strive for improvements in all areas of work.
You will have:
Membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) or CCAB equivalent or passed finalist with the expectation you will become a full member within 12 months.
In depth experience of closing and preparing local government accounts.
Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
Employees joining Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service who are moving from another government body, or local authority may be entitled to retain their previous service for the purpose of continuity of some contractual entitlements including holiday allowance.
We offer a competitive salary alongside a wealth of other fantastic benefits listed below:
- Hybrid working (mixture of Office and Home)
- Flexi-time scheme to support your work-life balance, including flexible start and finish times, variable lunch breaks and flexi-leave days
- Access to a secure career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme, which includes a generous employer contribution as well as life cover and survivors pension
- Holiday allowance of 24 days* (plus public holidays) on joining; increasing to 29 days* after 5 years' service and 31 days after 10 years' service (pro rota if part time or irregular working pattern)
- Subsidised catering facilities providing hot and cold meals, free access to onsite gym facilities after induction.
- Free onsite parking
- Training and Development and much more!
Application closing date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 12 July 2022
We are an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.