Resident Engagement Assistant
Salary: Band 4 - £19,280 - £20,512 p.a. (£14,590 - 15,522 pro rata)
28 hours per week
Based at the Resident Participation Centre, West Leigh, Havant
What is the role?
You will be mainly covering the centre’s opening hours - Monday to Thursday between the hours of 9am – 3pm. The remaining 4 hours is made up of a monthly evening meeting, working in the community and occasional weekend working.
Meet and greet centre users in a friendly manner, preparing rooms for the day and oversee the operational running of the centre.
Maintaining displays and information in the reception and general maintenance such as keeping the area tidy.
Positively promote the centre, its activities through meetings, publicity, and updating the website and social media sites.
Be responsible for the centre including the participation in fire drills and checks and emergency evacuations. Carry out Health & Safety checks and recording as directed.
Being responsible for the security of premises including setting the alarm and opening\closing the premises.
Undertake reception duties including giving information, answering phone enquiries, taking messages and providing a high standard of customer care.
Be responsible for administrative tasks including minute taking, updating the centre's programme of activities, preparation of newsletters and the checking and ordering of supplies.
Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teams and confident using IT systems (outlook/word) to undertake the admin tasks of the role.
Ability to use excel tools to analyse and present data.
Undertake emergency cleaning as required.
Undertake training as required.
Undertake additional hours to cover staff absence through leave, training or sickness will be required.
Who is the person?
You need to:
- Have good communication skills as you will be dealing with members of the public, city council staff and other external agencies and be able to provide a high standard of customer care.
- Have previous experience of working within an administrative post. Duties will include answering the telephone, minute taking, invoicing, data processing, cleaning and building issues, be able to make the best use of the facilities.
- Be adaptable to meet the needs of the role as you may be required to assist with a variety of tasks including oversee the running of courses etc.
- It is desirable to have knowledge of Health and Safety checks, fire drills, risk assessments.
- Have experience for the security of premises including setting the alarm and opening\closing the premises.
- Have experience of lone-working.
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teams and confident using IT systems (outlook/word) to undertake the admin tasks of the role.
- Ability to use excel tools to analyse and present data.
- Have knowledge of and to be able to update social media sites.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work on your own initiative.
- Be flexible as you will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends. In addition you will be required to cover for other member of staff when required (through leave, training or sickness).
- It is desirable to have experience in the supervision of volunteers and other residents.
- Have the ability to prepare rooms for centre users including the setting up of furniture including making sure you have the correct material for groups.
- First Aid trained would be an advantage although training will be given if not qualified.
- Undertake any training required and participate in staff meetings.
- Be able to deal with any situation as it arises.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.