Are you an experienced administrator with a flexible approach, able to provide a high level of administrative support whilst working within a small team? We are looking for a Governance Support Officer to work within the Governance team
- Educated to level 2 (GSCE or equivalent) including English and Mathematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively manage and update cases, spreadsheets and internal systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to confidently and effectively manage internal and external relationships with tact, diplomacy and with high regard for confidentiality.
- Experience of working within a political environment or a desire to gain such experience would be advantageous but not essential.
About the role…
As the Governance Support Officer your main role will be supporting the Governance team with a number of meetings including but not limited to collation and sending of agendas, note-taking and following up on requested actions. This may occasionally be outside of normal working hours. Other duties include:
- Administration duties including but not limited to correspondence; diary management; arranging meetings and room bookings.
- Carry out routine cash handling duties, including receiving and recording payments, issuing receipts and preparation for banking
- Collect, collate and analyse statistics in accordance with national and local standards, including Performance Indicators and other performance data
- To ensure we comply with deadlines and timescales laid down within the authority to ensure compliance with any relevant legislation (eg FOIs)
- Work closely with elected Members, including processing of expenses claims and supporting induction of new Members.
This post is defined as politically restricted under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice.
The Governance Support Officer interviews will be held on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th July 2022
Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Tom Delaney, Governance Manager on 01572 720993 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Kim Cross, Interim Corporate Services Support Manager on 01572 758862 or at email@example.com
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.