22.5 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- To promote and support independent living for individuals in their homes.
- To assess, monitor and refer to appropriate services to ensure, independence, dignity, security, privacy, confidentiality, rights and wellbeing of tenants in sheltered housing.
- Responsible for providing information and signposting to other agencies and assisting with any necessary referrals as required.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the management of the scheme ensuring partnership working to make sure the schemes are compliant with any legislative, health and safety requirements and any risks are mitigated as appropriate.
- Previous experience or direct understanding of working with elderly, disabled or individuals deemed to be at risk
- Ability to use technology to record data and complete reports
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work between locations
- This post is subject to DBS clearance.
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
This is a physically active role whereby individuals will be required to attend emergency calls and to manage potential difficult situations.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Build positive rapports with individuals and other agencies
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Be enthusiastic, friendly, and have the ability to adopt a flexible approach to a varying workload
- To have confidence and competence to deal with individuals in an emergency situation
- To be empathic and supportive, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
Closing Date: 16 September 2018
Assessment/Interview Date: 24 and 25 September 2018
How to Apply
About Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council