Hours of work: 25.25 (TA) + 2.5 (MDSA) per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 1 year
Closing date: Wednesday 29 June 2022
Please contact our school office on 01892 852574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and an application pack.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Teaching Assistant 2 - Fixed term
Rotherfield Primary School is a thriving, friendly village school looking for an enthusiastic and focused individual to join our hardworking and supportive team.
Initially this role is fixed term for a year.
We are looking for an outstanding TA who:
• Has experience of working with children with a range of different needs
• Is articulate and able to demonstrate effective communication between all stakeholders
• Shows uncompromising passion for supporting the learning of children within the classroom
• Has the ability and determination to inspire and motivate children to achieve their best
• Is relentless in securing high levels of achievement and emotional well being for every child
• Is a real team player, able to go the extra mile
• Has a solid understanding of, and are committed to, the Safeguarding of all children
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic and inspiring learners with a positive attitude to behaviour
• Strong leadership and a supportive, enthusiastic staff team of practitioners
• Opportunities for making an impact with plenty of encouragement to try out creative ideas and to develop professionally
• A vibrant, and friendly working environment
• Governors who are committed to continuous improvement
This role is for 5 mornings – 8.30 am- 12 noon (with an unpaid 15 minute break) and four afternoons - 1pm – 3.15pm. The FTE Salary is £18,887 pro rata for term-time only and part-time (£9.79 per hour) - SS3 Point 7
In addition there is a lunchtime duty of 30 minutes per day paid at FTE £18,333 pro rata for term-time only and part-time (£9.50 per hour) - SS1 Point 2
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure checks and references.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.