Help us develop the Sevenoaks countryside!
In this role you will help us develop and implement our countryside delivery policies, strategies and procedures relating to the team’s countryside areas, in response to legislative changes, members’ priorities and demands for service from members of the public.
You’ll be responsible for the operational day-to-day delivery of everything related to the countryside management (including the supervision of our rangers and volunteers), overseeing third party contractors and any in-house works within Sevenoaks District Council’s countryside estate sites and assets.
You’ll assist the Countryside Manager in the delivery and development of plans for nature conservation, wildlife and woodland/forestry management, land management implementation, inspections and regular risk assessments.
Key elements for this role include:
- Relevant Countryside Management/Arboriculture, conservation qualification or demonstrable experience.
- Experience of leading, supervising, motivating and empowering a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, confidence and proven ability to give direction and orders.
- Experience of applying for and interpretation of, forestry commission felling licences and grant applications.
- Knowledge and practical skills required to undertake coppicing, thinning, hedge laying, tree clearance and other countryside management activities.
Please note this role comes with a generous annual leave allowance of 27 days (plus an additional 5 days depending on having Continuous Local Government Service)
Interested in the role and want to know more?
Please contact David Crouch, Countryside Manager on 07902 401955, or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the role.
Need advice on how to ensure you have the best chance of being shortlisted?
Read the Job Description and Personal Specification attached to the role and ensure that your supporting statement explains how you meet the essential requirements as your application will be judged against these criteria.
Closing date: 3rd July