Our in house Bereavement Services team is expanding and are looking to appoint a Cemetery Supervisor to work directly under the Bereavement Services Manager. We are looking for a self-motivated, organised and empathic individual to supervise and manage a small team of grave diggers/gardeners as well as being hands on delivering service to our 3 open and 5 closed cemeteries.
Key Duties are:
- Assisting the Manager with the day to day planning of grounds maintenance and making sure the duties are carried out and completed.
- Supervising the work load and staff at the cemeteries, overseeing the funerals and grave/memorial related activities across the cemeteries.
- The successful delivery of funeral services including grave digging, preparation and backfilling.
- Full grounds maintenance including grass cutting, strimming, hedge trimming and litter collections etc.
- Managing the tools and equipment including machinery used by staff.
- Making sure Health and Safety is followed at all times.
- Working closely with the Office administration staff.
We are looking for someone who get things done. We have very high standards in our cemeteries and cannot fail to deliver our services. Supervisory experience in grounds maintenance or similar is essential. Excavator and grave digging experience desirable. However full training will be given. You will need to be a self-starter with the initiative to problem solve on the go as and when required. You will need to be flexible and able to work under pressure and someone who cares about attention to detail and have excellent motivational skills.
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a cemetery or a similar comparable environment
- Experience of dealing with grounds maintenance or similar work
- Experience of managing manual staff
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Confidence, enthusiasm, empathy, sympathy and flexibility
- Passion for meeting deadlines and ensuring that service standards are met
A full driving licence is essential.
How to Apply
Please complete your application by using the apply button below
Do not send your CV – only fully completed application forms will be accepted