St Bartholomew’s Primary School
London, SE26 4LJ
Vacancy for a Class Teacher
Full time one-year contract initially. Required for September 2022. ECTs welcome and encouraged to apply.
Do you want to be part of an exciting and vibrant learning community?
Do you want the opportunity to further your professional and personal development in a forward thinking and positive school?
We are a diverse, inner-city Church of England school with a strong commitment to inclusive practice. We have great children who are eager to learn and we are passionate about celebrating the uniqueness of each child.
We are looking for a dynamic, flexible and creative teacher who is passionate about primary education and about becoming part of an engaging and dynamic school community.
You will have high expectations and be eager to take risks and experiment with new ideas. You will be a practitioner who welcomes collaborative practice and working in a supportive, exciting environment.
To be part of our school, you will need to:
• See every child as an individual
• Be a passionate practitioner who is keen to lead, inspire and motivate to achieve the highest possible standards
• Be able to develop positive relationships with the whole community
• Be committed to continuing professional development
• Make a positive contribution to all aspects of our school
• Have a clear commitment to the school’s Christian values
In return, we can offer you:
• Curious and enthusiastic children
• A school that is dedicated to ensuring that every child succeeds within a supportive and nurturing environment
• A committed and proactive Senior Leadership Team who want you to be the best teacher you can be
• A school which takes positive steps to ensure a sensible work life balance
• A committed staff team who care and support each other
• Package appropriate to your experience
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged, during or after the school day. Please contact the Deputy Headteacher, Steve Larwood, on
email@example.com to book a visit.
Website : www.st-bartholomews.lewisham.sch.uk
Closing Date: 9am Monday 27th June 2022
Shortlisting: Monday 27th June 2022
Interviews: Thursday 30th June 2022
Please note candidates will be asked to teach a 30 minute English lesson for a year 4 or year 5 class if invited to interview
All applications must be made on the correct form found on our website under Contact Us and email directly to the school firstname.lastname@example.org. CV's will not be accepted. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email. A lesson observation and accompanying tasks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process.
St Bartholomew’s School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; therefore the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualification and reference checks.
At St Bartholomew’s School we aim to treat all people equally, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, sex, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political belief.