Fixed Term Contract for 6 months
This role provides a comprehensive, high quality customer focused service for both the Facilities Support Team and Corporate Lettings, taking calls and emails from both internal and external customers ensuring that a positive image of the council is provided and that customer service standards are met.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.
About the role
Your role will be varied, and you will deal with a range of enquiries face to face, over the telephone, by email and text messaging. You will be required to:
- Provide excellent customer service by giving accurate and up to date advice
- Understand the needs of customers and handling difficult situations in a sensitive way
- Use several systems to input and extract information, so experience of using a variety of computer packages is desirable
- Used to providing a support or help desk function, working as part of a team to provide the best possible service
- Happy dealing with customers in difficult situations where it is not always possible to meet customers’ needs/wishes
- Experience of using a variety of computer packages in order to extract and input customer and other information
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 4th July 2022
Interview Date: TBA
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received.
Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.