Walsall Council currently has a grant funded temporary 12 month fixed term contract (37 hours) vacancy for an experienced Lead Liaison Officer to work with the Private Rented Sector. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, innovative individual who will positively engage with landlords and agents to support our front line service in sourcing properties in the private rented sector market. As a PRS lead liaison officer, you will make sure that the needs of customers are being met or exceeded. Your aim is to provide and promote excellent customer service through building better partnerships arrangements with the private rented sector and Walsall Council making sure that service standards are being met and problems are resolved.
Applications would also be welcomed from those involved and experienced in the sourcing and letting of properties in the private rented sector.
At Walsall Council, we believe that people are at the heart of everything we do. In our work, the way we listen and respond to our customers and colleagues will determine the way we grow and bring Council’s vision to life.
To succeed, we must push the boundaries of our service and add added value in the relationships we build. Our customers are gradually being supported to move towards a range of new digital communication channels which makes it an exciting time to join the team. In return, you will receive comprehensive training and development, flexible and home working opportunities and a rewarding career, that allows you to make a real difference to the services we provide.
As the PRS Lead Officer you will:
- Work collaboratively to develop strong working relationships and provide a bridge between the council, landlords, agents and the communities it serves.
- To identify opportunities in the development, promotion, maintenance and administration of the Private Landlord incentive offer.
- Coordinate activities across a number of services both internal and external to ensure the PRS properties are affordable and comply with standards.
- Working with both tenants and landlords to ensure the sustainability of tenancies.
- Be the first point of contact to provide advice, assistance and support to landlords in undertaking their duties as a private landlord with the objective of preventing homelessness.
- Increase the number of landlords and letting agencies that work with the Housing and Welfare Team
- Be the local authority lead to enhance membership and participation of the landlord’s forum, campaigns and initiatives to promote the councils interests.
- Challenge the status quo, enable and empower, act with integrity.
- Embrace change and strive for improvement;
- Commitment to continuous professional development
The successful candidate must;
- Educated to at Degree/HND level or substantial equivalent proven experience
- An awareness of, and commitment to, equality of opportunity
- Awareness of, and commitment to, confidentiality and handling data
- Have excellent written and communication skills
For an informal discussion email:
Closing date: Sunday 17th July 2022
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children, young people and vulnerable adults entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people and vulnerable adults.
Note: Applicants appointed to posts that require an enhanced DBS clearance must declare any periods of time that they have lived, studied or worked abroad and be prepared to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Certificate (OCRC) or a Statement of Good Conduct (SOGC) relating to anytime they were overseas