This is an opportunity to join our expanding Legal Services Team to enhance support to the Council’s ambitious capital projects programme to improve our vibrant and historic city and help achieve the Council’s vision for the future.
We need a solicitor experienced in commercial matters to provide a comprehensive service principally to the major developments team who will embrace this opportunity to help make a real difference to the city.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a qualified solicitor or barrister
- be able to undertake the legal work in thefollowing areas:-
Development agreements including those which are multi-agency, grant funded and/or joint ventures
Contracts to support the Council’s delivery of major projects
- have experience of local government law and how it affects the framework within which the public sector operates
- advise members and provide general advice to officers as required on a variety of areas of law and also work closely with the Procurement Manager
- Flexible working options / Flexi time scheme
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Relocation package
- Local government pension scheme
- Employee benefits online discount scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Health and Wellbeing support
- Tax free bike scheme
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Becky Scott on 01522 873441.
Closing date: By Sunday 3rd July 2022