The Council carries out all of its cemetery duties at its open and closed cemeteries and churchyards in house via a small but dedicated team consisting of this post, an assistant, a supervisor, an apprentice and five gravedigger / gardeners.
The post holder will be responsible for the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of the Council’s open and closed cemeteries and churchyards, including all aspects of our burial services.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- liaison with customers, visitors, Funeral Directors, stone masons and others
- management and organisation of funerals including all paperwork and record keeping, and attendance when needed
- organisation of grounds maintenance works schedules with the cemetery supervisor to ensure that all Council cemeteries are maintained to a satisfactory standard
- management of staff and contractors to ensure that required works are carried out to agreed standards and timescales
- management of budgets to ensure that spending is within budgets and anticipated income is received
- Health and Safety memorial checks and inspections
Interviews are due to take place w/c 4 July 2022