Team Manager – Children First Northamptonshire
A bright future for you, a bright future for them.
We are an innovative county council with a fresh, energetic approach. By working with us you will help to create brighter futures for the children of Northamptonshire.
Using Signs of Safety as risk management tools, you will lead a social care team ensuring that all children’s outcomes are improved and that they are safeguarded effectively. You will be responsible for the allocation of work and prioritisation of workload across your team, demonstrating your expert practice in complex situations when making decisions and managing higher levels of risk. You will be responsible for recruiting, supervising and appraising your team, ensuring all team members have the relevant skills and knowledge to work effectively and efficiently. You will work collaboratively with others, developing and maintaining partnerships and multi-agency working, and you will be committed and motivated to help children and families change their lives for the better.
• HCPC registered with significant post-qualifying experience of child protection
• Able to demonstrate significant experience of decision making and risk management in complex situations relating to the application of children’s legislation
• An experienced leader, with experience of managing the performance of individuals and teams
• Able to demonstrate you can effectively analyse the workloads of others and ensure prioritisation is carried out accordingly
• Skilled in the management of budgets
• Able to develop multi-agency partnerships and work effectively in this environment
• Skilled in collaborative working, modelling good practice and setting expectations for others
In return, we can offer you…
• A salary of between £42,527 and £49,968, commensurate with experience
• A relocation package of up to £8000 to support a move to Northamptonshire
• A bonus payment of £2200 paid in your first year of employment
• A Market Factor Supplement of £1800 per year, reviewed annually
• An environment that fully supports your continuous professional development
• Extensive learning and development opportunities including ‘Signs of Safety’, ABE and other training
• A supportive and inclusive senior management team where you will be empowered to make good professional decisions
We have vacancies in the following teams:
• Safeguarding and Care Planning
• Duty and Assessment
Please indicate which team you are interested in working for at the start of your personal statement. For an informal discussion about joining Northamptonshire County Council as a Team Manager, please contact Abigail Marsden (Strategic Manager) on 07515189345.
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This is a rolling campaign and shortlisting will be undertaken on a regular basis. Enhanced DBS clearance and HCPC registration required. All posts in the duty and assessment teams are based in the Criminal Justice Centre (CJC) and are therefore subject to annual vetting by Northamptonshire Police. This clearance is required to undertake the role.