Practice Manager – Children First Northamptonshire
A bright future for you, a bright future for them.
We are an innovative county council with a fresh, energetic approach. By working with us you will help to create brighter futures for the children of Northamptonshire.
Using Signs of Safety as a risk management tool, you will have excellent knowledge of child protection legislation and be in a position to demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk. You will support and mentor social workers with complex cases with an emphasis on ensuring quality of practice. You will work collaboratively with others, ensuring best practice is embedded within your team, and you will be committed and motivated to help children and families change their lives for the better.
• Passionate about helping looked after children achieve
• HCPC registered with significant post-qualifying experience of child protection
• Able to demonstrate significant knowledge of and application of children’s legislation
• An experienced leader, or able to demonstrate effective leadership skills
• Able to develop multi-agency partnerships and work effectively in this environment
• Skilled in collaborative working, modelling good practice and setting expectations for others
• Experienced in coaching or mentoring
In return, we can offer you…
• A salary of between £33,213 and £40,864, commensurate with experience
• A relocation package of up to £8000 to support a move to Northamptonshire
• A bonus payment of £3000 paid in your first year of employment
• An environment that fully supports your continuous professional development
• Extensive learning and development opportunities including ‘Signs of Safety’, ABE and other training
• A supportive and inclusive management team where you will be empowered to make good professional decisions
We have vacancies in the following teams:
• Safeguarding and Care Planning
• Children in Care
• Duty and Assessment
• Connected Persons
• Children with Disabilities
Please indicate which team you are interested in working for at the start of your personal statement. For an informal discussion about joining Northamptonshire County Council as a Practice Manager, please contact Abigail Marsden (Strategic Manager) on 07515189345.
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This is a rolling campaign and shortlisting will be undertaken on a regular basis. Enhanced DBS clearance and HCPC registration required. All posts in the duty and assessment teams are based in the Criminal Justice Centre (CJC) and are therefore subject to annual vetting by Northamptonshire Police. This clearance is required to undertake the role.