Role: Breakfast & Afterschool Club Manager(s)
Salary: Pay Band F / SCP 12 – 17 / £22,571 - £24,920 per annum pro rata
Actual Salary: £9,013 - £9,951 per annum
(Salary negotiable within this range subject to experience)
Fixed Term post until 31 August 2023 subject to funding
- 16.25 hours per week – Monday to Friday (flexibility will be required)
- Possibility of splitting this contract for two managers 1 x am shift (5 hours per week) & 1 x pm shift (11.25 hours per week)
- 8.00am – 9.00am
- 3.15pm – 5.30pm
- Term time only / 46 weeks worked per year
To commence as soon as possible
- Please indicate on your application form if you would like to be considered for the 16.25 hours or the AM or PM post.
The Governors of St Margaret Mary’s Infant School are looking to recruit a committed and motivated Club Manager to lead our wrap around care provision in our morning and after school club Magpies.
Please note this post is a fixed term/temporary roll subject to funding.
As a school, we can offer:
- Dedicated, hardworking and friendly colleagues
- Polite and motivated pupils who are keen to learn
- An excellent support network including a strong locality group and informed Governors
We are looking for someone who:
- Will be the Strategic Safeguarding Officer responsible for all aspects of Safeguarding in the absence of the DSL during Breakfast Club & Afterschool Club hours
- Play a lead role in maintaining and reviewing school’s organisation’s plan for safeguarding re Breakfast Club & Afterschool Club.
- To be responsible for implementing the Safeguarding Policy and Procedures to promote the welfare of children and to raise and record any concerns relating to such within the Breakfast Club and Afterschool Club provisions in the absence of the DLS
- Is an inspirational Manager who will be able to lead and manage the current Magpies support staff team
- Has a passion and drive for providing high quality, safe and stimulating wrap around care for all pupils attending the provision
- Will take full responsibility for planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment
- Be committed to our inclusive and caring environment and the achievement of every pupil in our care
- Has the ability to develop good relationships with children, staff, parents and our local community
- Will work strategically alongside Teachers, Support Staff and the Senior Leadership of the school
- Be supportive of our Catholic ethos and mission
- Have lots of energy, enthusiasm and a sense of fun
- NVQ Level 3 in Child Care/ Play Work or equivalent (please note only DFE approved qualifications will be considered).
- Safeguarding and Designated Safeguarding Lead trained or willingness to undertake this training.
- Willingness to undertake further training that is key to the role
St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to relevant pre-employment checks - 2 satisfactory references, verification of qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred-list check.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application packs are available from our school website https://www.stmargaretmarysinfant.com/information/vacancies and should be returned via email to Samantha Lackey (School Business Manager) - Samantha.Lackey@knowsley.gov.uk.
Please note C.V’s will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 June 2022 at 9.00am
Short listing Date: TBC
Interview Date: TBC