Social Worker – Children First Northamptonshire
A bright future for you, a bright future for them
We are an innovative county council, with a fresh, energetic approach. By working with us you will help to create brighter futures for the children of Northamptonshire. You will use your skills to carry out assessments and make evidence-based recommendations and decisions for interventions to support our children, young people and their families.
• HCPC registered with significant post-qualifying experience
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of and application of children’s legislation
• Experienced in using child protection policies and procedures
• Passionate about helping looked after children achieve
• Able to work effectively in a multi-agency environment
• Skilled at report writing and able to maintain accurate records
In return, we can offer you…
• A salary of between £29,165 and £34,277, commensurate with experience
• A relocation package of up to £8000 to support a move to Northamptonshire
• A bonus payment of £3000 paid in your first year of employment
• An environment that fully supports your continuous professional development
• Extensive learning and development opportunities including Signs of Safety, ABE and other training
• A supportive and inclusive team where you will be empowered to make good professional decisions supported by regular supervision
We have vacancies in the following teams:
• Safeguarding and Care Planning
• Children in Care
• First Response
• Children with disabilities
Please indicate which team you are interested in working for at the start of your personal statement.
If you would like more information on Northamptonshire’s teams and rewards, please visit our website: https://www3.northamptonshire.gov.uk/councilservices/jobs/working-in-childrens-social-care/
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This is a rolling campaign and shortlisting will be undertaken on a regular basis. Enhanced DBS clearance and HCPC registration required. All posts in MASH and First Response (s47) teams are based in the Criminal Justice Centre (CJC) and are therefore subject to annual vetting by Northamptonshire Police. This clearance is required to undertake the role.