Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the city.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for an experienced, Contracts and Procurement Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Employment & Contracts within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of all contracts and procurement related work and have extensive experience in the preparation of public contracts and knowledge of public contract procurement processes.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of, and provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on, local government law in the areas of local government contract and procurement work.
- Conduct a full range of work types in this area.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Contracts & Employment) and will have your own complex and varied caseload.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of contract and procurement work, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of contract and procurement law
- Experience of managing a wide and varied forms of contract and procurement matters with minimal supervision
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2022
Interviews: week commencing 11th July 2022
This is a full time, permanent position.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ellen.MathesonHarley@redbridge.gov.uk for an informal discussion. You will also need to submit an application along with CV and/or covering letter.
Ambitious for Redbridge
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.