Salary: £26,364 - £37,101pa
Is it time you started looking for your next challenge? Or maybe the time has come for you to work in a more flexible way? Maybe you would like both – challenge and flexibility? If so, we have the opportunity for you.
You will be working in Elmbridge, a vibrant and progressive Borough Council located between the River Thames and the M25.
- Over 1,000 TPOs, 26 Conservation Areas and 3 Historic Parks, plus areas of Ancient Woodland, Common Land, SSSI’s and Green Belt land
- One of the most wooded counties in England
- Thriving town centres and communities
- Excellent links to both Central London and Surrey.
Enthusiasm and energy
We are a supportive and pro-active Tree Team within Planning Services and we need your enthusiasm, energy and drive. You will determine tree work applications, survey and review tree preservation orders, provide expert arboricultural advice to planning officers, Council Members and the public. This calls for professional astuteness and diplomacy as well as a sound working knowledge of current legislation, policy, practice and procedures in relation to tree protection.
Flexibility and development
- We can offer flexible working, compressed hours or working from home.
- You can grow at Elmbridge through our bespoke learning and development and talent management programme.
- In addition to a generous annual leave allowance, you will also be offered leave for dependency, maternity and paternity support.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local organisations and free staff parking.
If all of this sounds interesting and makes you think you want to know more, please contact either Russell Gibbons, Senior Tree Officer on 01372 474794 or Clare Smith, Heritage, Landscape and Tree Manager on 01372 474824 to talk through the roles in more detail and answer any questions you have.
Please contact us or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.