- Are you interested in joining our Business Support Team here at West Lancashire Borough Council?
- Do you have excellent administration and customer service skills with a high level of attention to detail?
If the answer to these questions is 'yes', we would love to hear from you.
We are currently seeking two Planning Support and Land Charges Officers who are looking for a new challenge in a very fast paced role within our Business Support Team.
You will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative support service to the Planning and Regulatory Services and Building Control Teams within the Council.
The main duties will consist of:
- To administer the range of land charge functions, to provide information in response to Land Charge Search enquiries within the deadlines set and deal with any correspondence arising from the replies.
- To process payments for fees and charges and any refunds and maintain a suitable record of transactions in accordance with any Council regulations.
- To collate data and produce statistical information as directed, ensuring the accurate input and maintenance of designated management information systems in relation to Planning, Building Control and Land Charge Searches.
- To handle and reply to applications for Official Searches in the Land Charges Register and resolve customer enquiries.
- To process the various types of searches received to completion including LLC1, Con29 and personal searches in line with Government guidelines.
- To process Planning and Building Control applications, notifications, and Enforcement complaints.
Your key skills will include:
- You will be a team player and will have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You will possess excellent organisational skills, work methodically, be able to prioritise your own workload, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Your communication skills will be paramount when liaising with members of the public, Senior Managers, Elected Members, and staff members across the organisation.
- You will be able to collate data to ensure the accurate input and maintenance of designated management information systems including Uniform, Local Land Charges Register and the GIS mapping system.
- You will have excellent ICT skills including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and other bespoke ICT packages as required.
You will adhere to the Council’s Expected Behavioural Standards ensuring that a high standard of customer care is maintained and dealt with in a courteous manner.
What can we offer in return? We pride ourselves on our friendliness and being a good employer with a range of benefits and employment terms and conditions to suit you. A competitive salary, generous annual leave, the opportunity for hybrid working, Local Government Pension Scheme, work life balance policies, and support for your personal development are just some of the benefits we offer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and want to be part of our multi-disciplinary Business Support Service, we would love to hear from you.