We are seeking a temporary Recruitment Assistant to join the Council’s Efficiency, Resourcing and Recruitment Team to cover maternity leave.
As a Recruitment Assistant you will play an integral role in supporting the recruitment to roles across the Council. Supporting both the Recruitment Team Leader and Officers you will assist in recruiting to established positions, casual work and apprenticeships.
You will support the end to end recruitment process, however a large aspect of your role will be during the early stages of recruitment, with key responsibilities including;
- Co-ordinating the Council’s vacancy management process
- Supporting hiring managers in the initial planning stages of the recruitment process
- Ensuring recruitment plans meet the requirements set out in the Council’s recruitment procedures, and that they are conducive with fair and transparent recruitment processes that effectively test candidate suitability.
- Placing job advertisements into designated electronic portals using the Applicant Tracking System
- Liaising with colleagues in Marketing to facilitate advert distribution to social media channels / external professional websites
- Identifying shortlisting criteria for roles being recruited to and preparing the Applicant Tracking System and associated documentation for panel shortlisting
You will have an interest in HR, preferably with knowledge of recruitment processes in a multi-functional organisation, and will be keen to learn new skills.
Working as part of a busy team you will be well organised and able to handle high volumes of work at a swift pace to meet a variety of deadlines. You will be confident in organising your workload and managing your time to prioritise conflicting tasks and deadlines.
You will be required to use a range of electronic systems to check, maintain and create data with accuracy, it is therefore vital that you have a strong attention to detail and are technically competent in using web based applications and software systems. We operate with a paperless system so it’s essential you are competent in the use of electronic document management systems.
The work you undertake will span the caseload of all of the Recruitment and Resourcing Officers within the team, as well as a wide range of hiring managers. It is important that you have strong interpersonal skills and are able to communicate information clearly and professionally to a range of different people, both verbally and in writing.
Finally, you will be team focused with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and managers to deliver team objectives.
You’ll be part of a supportive team of colleagues, with regular team meetings and 121s. This is an opportunity to learn about a key area of HR, as well as the chance to form a network of working relationships with colleagues across the division and wider council.
Hours are work are Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 2:30pm. The team is adopting a hybrid approach to work; some time will be spent working at home and the remainder in the office.
Please note this is a temporary position to cover maternity leave and is expected to end on 16th July 2023.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Gemma Haining (Recruitment Team Leader) on 0151 511 5016 or Sarah Gurrell (Service Manager) on 0151 511 7429.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13th July 2022
Please refer to the Person Specification when completing your application.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.