West Sussex County Council (WSCC) is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. We have a new opportunity as part of the Customer Experience Service which is a team that brings the customer to the heart of our services. To find out more about WSCC services please visit our WSCC website.
About The Job
Salary: £21,269 to £22,571 annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: County Hall, Chichester
In this role you will focus on identifying ways to nudge our customers to digital channels, where they can easily access information and services. You will use data and insight to identify channel shift opportunities and nudge our customers to interact with us using digital channels.
You will be able to turn insight from data into a channel shift plan, where you will have the skill to monitor the change, initiate actions arising from the plan such as proactive communications via different channels i.e. twitter/email and measure the success of all initiatives. You will also understand and overcome barriers to success, whilst turning all of this activity and understanding into a report that feeds into the overall Customer Experience reporting, helping the service measure their performance against Operational and Corporate measures.
You will put the customer at the centre of all you do and contribute to process and customer journey reviews, suggest improvements, and have a great understanding of how we can best use proactive communication, social media, digital channels and align services with our Customer Strategy.
Experience and Skills
To succeed in this role, you'll need experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and will put the customer at the heart of everything you do. If you are all about the customer and passionate about providing a great customer experience, then you'll be in good company in the Customer Experience Service!
Being curious and inquisitive will really help you in researching best practice and finding solutions for improvements for our customers. You'll be someone with great interpersonal skills who can build relationships, as you will be working with a range of colleagues who are all passionate about their service, and you will support by being the voice of the customer and aligning improvements to the customer strategy. In addition you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to diagnose, research, analyse and interpret complex information and write reports with clear and justified recommendations. Able to turn insight from data into a channel shift plan, where you will have the skill to monitor the change and measure the success of all initiatives.
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate services and people to take on change, for example to move away from a traditional phone to a webchat solution. Ability to work in a customer focused way, gaining trust of customers and providing a high-quality service with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills with the ability to quickly establish credibility with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and coordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way to meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and making sound pragmatic decisions.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Educated to A-level standard, or equivalent qualifications or comparable experience.
- Experience of customer contact channels from traditional channels to new modern digital channels, along with knowledge of how to nudge customers to use digital channels.
- Experience of providing customer focused services to a range of customers, preferably in a customer service, marketing communications, digital, or similar environment.
- Experience in planning improvement activities and measuring success.
- Experience of using relevant software, including modern digital channels, social media, and systems to support service delivery.
- Experience within a project management environment to effectively contribute to the project process.
- Sound and accurate overall IT knowledge including Microsoft Office and skills to analyse and present data
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do. For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, you can find this at our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CPP00548.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.