Group 2 School ISR Leadership 5 - 11
Full-time. Permanent. Required for January 2023 or sooner if possible.
We are a large infant school with a three form intake and have ten classes, including a Nursery class. The school is located in South Reading and is set in extensive and attractive grounds, giving children plenty of space to learn and play.
At Geoffrey Field Infant School we work in an atmosphere that inspires young learners and we consider every moment of the day to be a learning opportunity. With a strong focus on reading, literacy, high quality teaching and positive behaviour management, our children make outstanding progress.
The high standards and expectations of all staff means the children leave us with the ability and desire to learn.
We foster a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and co-operation.
We value the development of all members of staff and strongly believe that children’s learning is benefitted by thoughtfully planned and delivered Continuing Professional Development.
The Headteacher and governors wish to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher who:
- has high personal standards and always strives to improve and develop
- has held a senior leadership position and had experience in Key Stage 1/Early Years
- shares our ethos that good quality Early Years practice has a long lasting impact on children’s desire and ability to learn
- demonstrates innovative and forward thinking ideas while being able to build on the outstanding teaching and learning already present in the school
- has successfully led improvement which has resulted in raised attainment and accelerated progress
- demonstrates an experience of working within a diverse community and has an understanding and respect of the challenges and opportunities this creates
This is an opportunity to:
- join an outstanding school whose children make excellent progress
- lead a welcoming and inclusive school community
- be part of and lead a fantastic team of committed staff
- work with a committed, dedicated and focussed governing body
Further information about the school and the application process can be found on our school website www.geoffreyfieldinfant.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged in week commencing 20th June 2022.
Closing date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Shortlisting: Monday 4th July 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 12th July 2022
As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.