We're working to keep the amazing open spaces of Bracknell Forest clean and green. You can help us to do this.
We want Bracknell Forest to be a clean and green place to live. Our team are responsible for keeping the Borough's parks and open spaces as fantastic places for people and wildlife. You will support the Parks and Countryside team to do this, gain valuable experience and see results you can be proud of.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
We are a highly driven and enthusiastic team that works together to achieve the best results. We are entrepreneurial and flexible with a great passion for making our award-winning green spaces in the best condition possible.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Ensure that sites and / or PRoW are safe appropriate to public use, clean, attractive, and managed in accordance with relevant regulations and legislation.
- Carry out tree maintenance and annual hay making programmes.
- Undertake small scale maintenance tasks; including providing a rapid response to site, play area and PRoW issues.
- Provide opportunities for community involvement, including promoting and supervising participation by residents, volunteers and local groups. Ensure close links to 'Take Pride' and other relevant local and national volunteering initiatives.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for some with:
- The ability to carry out a variety of estate maintenance tasks e.g. erecting gates and stiles, fencing, strimming and mowing
- A desire to work as a member of a team
- A positive, enthusiastic approach to managing parks and open spaces
Interviews will be held on 7th July 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Alan Wilson, Senior Ranger
Tel.: 01344 354441
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.