We are seeking an able and experienced manager to provide effective leadership to our operational Community Services business unit which includes Community Day Centres and Community Transport, Open and Green Spaces, Community Development, Museum.
This role is responsible for the efficient and cost-effective management, development, operation, and delivery of the Council’s community services including its assets – buildings, vehicles, and office premises. You will ensure that operational services are delivered with quality, met resident needs, and desired outcomes, within legislative parameters operated and with full consideration to health and safety and other risk. The successful candidate will have proven track record of managing operational or public facing services at a senior level and experience of working at a senior level within multi agency partnerships.
In addition, the role encompasses:
- Support the implementation of the relevant priorities identified within the Councils’ corporate strategies, most notably its Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Lead the implementation of welfare support to residents in the event of a borough emergency and deputise for the Corporate Head of Service, as the council’s welfare lead, as part of a multi-agency response to borough emergencies
- Lead in the partnership and effective management of a cross borough partnership with Surrey Heath Borough Council, providing services to residents across two boroughs
- Work with elected members on the development of initiatives and new services, to be provided within the borough/partnership, and attending committee meetings as required, these are usually in the evenings. There is also the required to work occasional unsocial hours, both in the evenings and at weekends.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable track record in the leadership of diverse teams/service areas
- Experience in the management of health and safety related to community activity or service delivery
- An understanding of the role of borough council services and of the pressures facing local government
- Advanced leadership and management skills including the ability to negotiate and influence, resolve conflict, compromise, and provide focus and direction as required
For an informal conversation about the position, please contact Darren Williams, Corporate Head of Community Services via firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that you will be contacted by email if you are selected to attend for an interview. Should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date of the vacancy you have not been shortlisted for this post.
Closing date: 4th July 2022 at midnight
Interview date: 11th July 2022