Career Grade Project Manager - transport
Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Salary: Up to £45,537 pa career grade
Contract: Permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 19/09/2018
Bexley is embarking on an ambitious Growth agenda to deliver new homes, secure a state of the art sustainable infrastructure and amenities for its residents and businesses. This will also include establishing architecturally and globally a significant new shared living neighbourhood, create the largest co-working campus in Europe, grow the Maker Movement in London and create a luxury outlet shopping destination that complements our existing town centres and secure state of the art sustainable infrastructure. This means that across the Regeneration & Growth division and beyond we are working on an exciting set of strategies, projects and programmes to develop and deliver sustainable, meaningful change in Bexley.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, motivated project manager to join our team to work on transport related projects.
Our work is challenging and fast paced, so you must be able to organise your own workload, taking ownership of projects and establishing good working relationships with colleagues, consultants and partners, and have the knowledge and expertise to contribute to our on-going work on development projects, public realm delivery, bidding for external funding and partnership working. You will have the ability to undertake both documentary and statistical research, extract relevant information, draw conclusions, evaluate options and make appropriate recommendations.
Regeneration & Assets:
Project Manager (TFL Related Projects)
You will join a team with a focus on delivering projects with TfL as part of their Growth Programme for the Borough. You will manage the procurement, planning and delivery of regeneration programmes and will contribute towards the development of new projects. Key experience is required in the formulation of project briefs in consultation with end users (brief capture), project planning, procurement processes, commissioning of works, management of technical teams and contractors, change control, project monitoring to ensure they are delivered to scope, on time and in line with the end users requirements and funding rules. Experience of working on transport projects with TfL would be an advantage.
For further information about these opportunities please contact Suzanne Jackson, Head of Regeneration & Assets on 0203 045 4830.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum @ Bexley 16
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25/27 days Annual Leave per year (rising to 28/30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement depending on grade
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: Wednesday 19 September 2018
- Anticipated Interview date for Project Manager (TfL Relation Projects): 3 / 4 October 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will be accepted as part of your completed on-line application form.
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be customer-facing positions; as such they fall within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specifications. This will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers