We are looking for a suitably experienced Accountant with excellent technical and IT skills. Ideally you will have sound accounting experience and good communication skills to develop into this varied role.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to the delivery of a fit-for-purpose accounting service that supports the achievements of the Council’s objectives. You will join the Accountancy Team providing financial management and accountancy support to the Council. You will provide support and advice to colleagues in other departments. In addition you will contribute to the compilation of the Annual Accounts, Budget preparation and monitoring processes. There will also be a number of technical projects to deal with.
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of IT skills including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other IT packages.
The Council is currently operating a hybrid working arrangement which is subject to review. This role will be based at Civic Centre in Littlehampton.
We offer in return:
- Up to 38 days paid leave (inclusive of bank holidays), (34 days with <5 years LG service)
- Flexi-Time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including ree health checks, money towards eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
CLOSING DATE: 26 June 2022 - 23.59pm
INTERVIEW DATE: tbc
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.